Lutheran, Dupont and Rehab Hospitals Receive Excellence Through Insight Awards
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Feb. 22, 2010) — Lutheran, Dupont and Rehabilitation hospitals were recently recognized by HealthStream Research with Excellence through Insight awards. The hospitals were chosen for their ability to excel in gaining insight into their patients, employees, physicians and the community through research, and for using that information to build excellence within their organizations.
Lutheran Health Network hospitals won the following awards:
Overall Physician Satisfaction
- Dupont Hospital/less than 250 beds (one of four hospitals nationally)
Overall Emergency Department Satisfaction
- Dupont Hospital/less than 250 beds (one of three hospitals nationally)
- Lutheran Hospital/250 beds or more (one of four hospitals nationally)
Unit Specific Awards
- Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Wayne (one of three hospitals nationally)
Inpatient satisfaction/intensive care
- Lutheran Hospital (one of three hospitals nationally)
On March 12, 2007, HealthStream merged its research division and national database, known as Data Management and Research (DMR), with The Jackson Organization to form HealthStream Research. HealthStream Research now represents more than 1,100 healthcare facilities — 22 percent of the nation's acute-care hospitals.