Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This confidential counseling service encourages associates to call the EAP help line if they are experiencing any problems that may be affecting their jobs or personal lives. EAP offers solution-focused, short-term counseling which includes up to five free sessions per concern.
If you've had a bad day at work, you can call the EAP help line to schedule an appointment or talk to a therapist. If you want to bounce an idea off of an objective listener, give EAP a call. Keep in mind that we all have problems from time to time and no one is exempt from struggles. There is someone out there to help you through the rough spots. The Employee Assistance Program can help you with many issues, whether by phone or in person. Your professional EAP counselors are also aware of many community resources that may be of help to you.
EAP HELP LINE:
A variety of assessment, counseling and referral services are available such as:
- Family and personal problems
- Workplace problems
- Marital/relationship problems
- Emotional issues
- Substance abuse issues
- Parenting issues
- Family counseling
- Spouse/child/elder abuse
- Grief counseling
- Spiritual counseling
- Pre-paid legal consultation referrals
- Referrals to low-cost financial consumer credit counseling
Details of the Program:
- All regular full-time and part time employees (.5 and higher) and their dependents, regardless of insurance enrollment, are eligible for this service.
- There is no cost for up to five sessions per year. This is an automatic benefit provided to you by Lutheran Health Network.
- Assistance can be provided to you and your dependents in person or by phone.
- Experienced, professional counselors are available to assist you or your dependents confidentially with any concerns you may have.
Unfortunately, many people are apprehensive about seeking mental health or substance abuse services because they are afraid someone at work will find out. The EAP abides by the strictest rules of confidentiality, and you can be seen in one of several discreet locations throughout the Network.
To Access your Employee Assistance Program:
- You can access the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) by calling (260) 490-8057. This number is staffed by confidential counselors.
- Emergency services are available on an immediate basis if you are in crisis.